FOLLOWING THE FOOTSTEPS OF BUDDHA IN NEPAL
Himalayas: SPIRITUAL NEPAL!
(7 Nights / 8 Days)
Lumbini is the birthplace of Siddhartha Gautama, the historical Buddha also known as Shakyamuni. It is renowned worldwide as a place of great spiritual significance, and a place of pilgrimage for many.
There are many sites, temples and interesting places within the sacred garden and other archaeological sites like Kapilvastu. You will also visit the nearby district Palpa, the beautiful hill town that is located near the foothill of Srinagar. Palpa Bhairav Temple, Laxmi Narayan temple and the villages offer a rich diversity for us to explore.
The tour focuses on the birthplace and life of Buddha (Prince Siddhartha). As a pilgrimage tour in Lumbini, it presents all the historical monuments and childhood secrets of Lord Buddha. There are sixty-two archaeological sites in Lumbini which exhibit different events in Buddha’s life. The sacred pilgrimage to Lumbini is visual anthropology – revealing Buddha’s upbringing, spiritual evolution, renunciation and development of Buddhism.
The tour includes a visit of Maya Devi temple, Lumbini Garden, World Peace Stupa and many associated places. It also has a wonderful visit of Palpa, one of the famous hill stations of Nepal. From Palpa, we move forward to Pokhara, known as the ‘Paradise of Nepal’. To stretch out the muscles and get closer to the mountain, we have a short trek to Dhampus.
Day 1: Fly to Bhairawa from the Kathmandu Airport’s Domestic Terminal. (Monday, October 4)
- After reaching Bhairawa, we are driven to Lumbini, the birthplace of Siddhartha Gautam Buddha.
- O/N Hotel in Lumbini.
Day 2: Full day visit in Lumbini Sacred Garden and Kapilvastu (Tuesday, October 5)
- Lumbini is the place where Queen Mayadevi gave birth to Siddhartha Gautama (Shakyamuni, the founder of Buddhism). Lumbini is one of the most important sites for Buddhist pilgrimage which was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Lumbini Garden, the sacred Buddhist pilgrimage site, covers an area of 8 square kilometres. It has a wealth of stupas, meditation grounds, temples, courtyards and monasteries; a walk-in Lumbini is a journey through Buddha’s spiritual evolution.
The main places we will visit are the Mayadevi Temple, Sacred Garden, Ashoka Pillar, and Puskarni Pond.
- O/N Hotel in Lumbini
Day 3: Lumbini- Tansen Palpa- Pokhara (Wednesday, October 6)
- Early morning drive to Palpa passing through the mountainous terrain with spectacular views of higher mountains and deep valleys. Palpa is one of the most popular tourist destinations of mid-western Nepal. The greatest attractions of this town are its ancient culture, friendly people, the Bhagwati Temple and Amar Narayan temple.
- After having lunch in Palpa, the winding road takes us to Pokhara, which is 122 km
- After checking into a hotel, in the evening, it is possible to take a short walk by the pristine Phewa Lake.
- O/N Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 4: Drive to Kande and start a short trek to Dhampus via Australian Camp. (Thursday, October 7)
- It takes around 3 hours to reach Dhampus, which is located at an altitude of 1650m. Our Dhampus trek from Pokhara is one of the shortest treks around Pokhara Valley that takes us through 3 different popular viewpoints; Dhampus, Naudanda and Sarangkot. It is popularly known as the gateway to Annapurna Base Camp.
- O/N Guesthouse in Dhampus.
Day 5: Dhampus – Sarangkot- Pokhara (Friday, October 8)
- Early morning after breakfast, we start a new day trek from Dhampus to Sarangkot via Naudada which has a similar altitude to Dhampus, 1592m. The trek is around 6 hours.
- After reaching Sarangkot, we drive to Pokhara.
- O/N Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 6: Half Day Sightseeing in Pokhara- Fly back to Kathmandu (Saturday, October 9)
- Pokhara is known as the ‘Paradise of Nepal’ and a ‘must’ for visitors. After breakfast, we visit the World Peace Stupa from where the spectacular view of Pokhara city with Phewa lake and Annapurna mountain ranges are visible.
- While returning, we are able to enter Gupteshor Mahadev Cave and Devi’s Fall, and in the afternoon fly to Kathmandu.
- O/N Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 7: Kathmandu sightseeing (Sunday, October 10)
Fully guided tour of Swayambhunath Stupa, Kirtipur Dhartimata (Mother Earth) and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- The Swayambhunath Stupa is one of the crowning glories of Kathmandu Valley architecture. This perfectly proportioned monument rises through a whitewashed dome to a gilded spire, from where four iconic faces of the Buddha stare out across the valley in the cardinal directions.
- Next we visit the unusual and unique ‘Dharti Mata’, literally translated as ‘Earth Mother’ at the Bala Bhairav temple complex, Kirtipur, in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal.
Around the statue of Dharti Mata, there are 3 figures of Vishnu, Brahma and Mahadev (Shiva).
The statue of Dharti Mata is very important to the temple and is worshiped as a goddess for fertility. There is likely some deeper secret significance, that is only revealed to tantric initiates, and kept secret by them.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square (also known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar) was once the residence of the Nepali Royal Family and administrators. This ancient palace is named after Hanuman, the monkey god, and lies in the heart of the city. It dates back to the 15th century, and consists of a huge royal palace, courtyards, and temples which are all protected by a stone statue of Hanuman, which sits to the left of the main entrance, guarding the whole palace.
- A Ceremonial Nepali Traditional Dinner closes our world shamanic conference program 2021.
- O/N Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 8: End of services and departure (Monday, October 11)
Tariff on twin room sharing basis:
The Tariff Includes:
- Airport arrival & departure
- All sightseeing in Kathmandu, Lumbini, Tansen, Pokhara, Dhampus
- Hotel accommodation: 7 Nights on B/B Plan (bed with breakfast)
- All Transportation
- Services of guides for sightseeing & trekking
- Trekking permits/TIMS
- Porter service
- Two Flights: Kathmandu-Bhairawa & Pokhara-Kathmandu inclusive of airport taxes
- All government taxes and services charges
Exclusion from the Package:
- International flight tickets
- Tips to the service providers
- Insurance of all types (health insurance, baggage loss, evacuation, cancellation of the trip, etc.)
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, drinks and anything else not specified as included under the clause ‘what is included.’
- Any changes to costs arising from causes such as government policy in terms of service charges, taxes and other surcharges.
For reservation, confirmation and other details, please send an email to:
ANANDA ADVENTURE TREKS (P) LTD
CHABAHIL -7, KUTU BAHAL, KATHMANDU
P.O. BOX NO. 14146
TELEPHONE: 00977 1 4253729
WhatsApp/Viber Number: +977-9851138286/ 9851035841
Registrations are open
Registration closes on April 15, 2021